What is a Living Wall Kit?
Living wall kits are arguably the easiest possible way to setup a living wall – either indoors or outdoors – at home.
It typically comprises:
- A living wall planter or trough
- Wall fixings – trellises, rawl plugs, screws etc
- Water filters
- Irrigation system (if required)
- Soil (sometimes)
- Plants (sometimes)
The 8 Best Living Wall Kits
SavvyGrow’s Bloomwall is arguably the best self-watering green wall kit – particularly for vertical gardening.
The smaller kit comes in at £74. You really could grow a substantial amount of food with the larger kit.
And, rather brilliantly, no matter how many kits you buy, they will all collectively act as one self-watering system. And – whilst this wouldn’t technically be a living wall – they can be stacked horizontally.
This Self-Watering Vertical Pocket Garden Wall Planter is a great budget-friendly option green wall kit. Best suited for people looking to inject a bit of colour – and greenery – into their lives without the fuss. This self-watering kit is a great starter.
Just screw the kit into the wall and start growing anything you like. Well, within reason. Herbs, perennials, annuals. The world – or wall – is your oyster.
One excellent feature is the absorbent cotton ropes that prevent direct root contact with the water and – thankfully – root rot.
Wonderwall - Promo Kit
1 - 10 planters
Each tier weighs 4kg when full and watered
Wonderwall’s Promo Kit is brilliant because it includes everything you need for a simple setup at home – both indoor and outdoor.
- Stackable – you can purchase multiple kits to cover up to 10 tiers (£119.99)
- Cost – the starter kit – whilst only covering 4 tiers m2 – only comes in at £59.99
- Self-watering – its simple self-irrigating, interlocking system stores enough water to sustain the average plant for a week. You just need to water the top row of plants which, in turn, waters the plants below and fills the reservoir – 0.75l per planter
- Sunlight – each planter is setup to allow each plant to gain sufficient sunlight
And each kit includes everything you need to attach your green wall securely – from planters and water filters to rawl plugs and screws.
This self-watering vertical garden is suitable for indoor and outdoor use and covers a huge space. Which in our mind make sit better suited to outdoor walls or fences.
This is a risk-free solution and perfect for first or second timers looking to grow vertically without the complications. You can grow any plant suitable to living walls – herbs are an excellent starter – and this durable polypropylene product does the absolute trick.
Growing Revolution - Plantbox
Growing RevolutionPlantbox (Outdoor)
3 - 6 plants per trough
We love this PlantBox kit from Growing Revolution for a number of reasons:
- Simplicity – you can opt for sets of 3, 5 or 10 to create a living wall up to 1.2m across
- Installation – completely idiot-proof!
- Self-irrigation – each planting box has a 1.8l reservoir to call upon. So don’t worry about your plants dying on your travels. And the wicking-felt prevents over-watering, with the plants only taking up water when they need it
- Water-indicator – You’ll know when the trough’s running low
- Planting depth (12cm) – you can host enough soil to grow larger annuals, foliage plants and perennials on top of succulents and sedums. You should need 4-5l of compost per planting trough
- Small footprint – perfectly suited for balconies and city apartments
20 plants included
60cm x 1m
100% recycled plastic
1.8l water reservoir
This indoor version of Plantbox comes with plants and soil included!
Perfect for those of you who – like me – wants to purchase absolutely everything in the simplest possible manner. Honestly now if something isn’t from Amazon I question whether it’s worth it… But not PlantBox. This includes:
- 5 planting troughs
- 20 house plants
- 5l of soil
You’ll need to purchase wall-fixing materials yourself, but that’s a small price to pay.
Horticus LivingGreen Wall Kit
3 planters included
46cm x 46cm x 18cm
Horticus Living’s Green Wall Kit is a beautiful, compact vertical garden that fits snugly in any room. It’s simplicity to care for makes it an ideal living wall starter kit. One that consists of 3 terracotta planters and 1 frame.
And whilst we absolutely love the style of the planters – it really is perfect for first-timers and indoor use – it doesn’t come complete with plants.
But it’s unequivocally the best looking living wall kit on the market. And the medium and large kits provide that level of flexibility too.